Do I have to have a description. I just like to write. OK?

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Vanity Fair

had their very first writing
contest last year. They wanted
people to write a missive
on our American Character.

My curiousity was piqued so
I wrote an essay.

It mostly touched on how
misinformed and hugely
naive Americans
are about our country
and about the world in general.

Its not because we aren't a
literate nation, the lot of us are
very well read. Its because
what we read and hear is biased.

The ideas others form about us come from
a variety of biased media too.

So our perceived characters are SKEWED.

Now thats not what Vanity Fair wants people
to read about. They want to continue
the cycle of bullshit. Noone really
wants to read the truth anyway and
Vanity Fair knows it so they chose
a sugar coated, endearing essay.

Its very difficult for me to write
what people want to read. People
don't want to read about the real
world. They want fluff and bull malarkey
to cover up and mask how utterly boring
and uneventful their everyday lives
really are.

If I'm ever going to get
published then I need to
travel the road of fluff.

I guess I'll never get published.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Really, it is OK to be Quiet. My quiet does not mean I don't like you, I just don't want to talk at this moment.