rather.
I drank a cup of Guatemalan
around 10:30pm and now
I'm all jacked up.
I laid down with husband.
He fell quickly.
I stared at the red light on the fire alarm.
And then I stared at the red light on the silent TV.
Then I watched the digital clock change to 12:27am.
Then I listened to the ice maker in the freezer
drop a couple of pieces of ice into the bin.
Then I listened to the whirring of the dishwasher.
Then I listened to my cat playing with one of his toys
in the kitchen.
Then I heard my daughter sigh in her sleep.
Night noises.
Then I whipped the bedsheets off me and climbed
out of bed.
I'm usually asleep in less the 5 minutes.
I don't usually have a cup of joe before bed.
I was sewing a sheer curtain for the long skinny
windows beside my front door.
I borrowed my Mom's sewing machine.
It took me an hour to figure it out.
She is on a 747 to Beijing right now.
I couldn't call her when the thing stumped me.
I doubt I will be able to sleep until she arrives
safely in China.
That's four hours from now.
All that and it really all comes down to my Mom.
I'm lucky to have a Mom.
Do I have to have a description. I just like to write. OK?
Friday, April 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Links
About Me
- Paige
- Really, it is OK to be Quiet. My quiet does not mean I don't like you, I just don't want to talk at this moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment