is on my mind lately.
I see the images. I see the celebrities fronting the cause. I see the world leaders coming to Scotland. I see nothing happening, but perhaps, just perhaps, something may actually happen.
I get nervous thinking about it. The possibility is there waiting at the edge. Waiting for someone who can do something chose to do IT. We all know who those someones are. I am waiting. I am watching. I've been let down before by our world leaders.
Maybe these concerts will actually turn a head. The people who are aware of the possibility to cancel third world debt are all for it, but is the big money all for it?
Who cares about the money owed to us. We don't need it. Americans have more money and stuff than any nation in the world. Its ridiculous to ride around in a Humvee..they are implements of war..and now we play in them. The excess makes me gag.
Therein lies my concern, when it comes down to it. Is money more important than the plight of an entire continent? Of course not, but what threads are stuck to the debt?
There is one thing the concerts will do and that is raise awareness. We are a global community and it is horrific to realize how utterly unaware we are of anybody but ourselves.
We are humanity. We are One. We as humans, no matter what our birthplace, need to take responsibility for global well-being, education and health.
We have the power and the money. What we lack is the willingness.
Do I have to have a description. I just like to write. OK?
Monday, June 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Links
About Me
- Paige
- Really, it is OK to be Quiet. My quiet does not mean I don't like you, I just don't want to talk at this moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment