I know. I know. I haven't written
in over a month, but the powerpack on
my laptop shorted out and I don't have
access. I bought two new powerpacks (one from
BestBuy that didn't work and one from
Radio Shack that didn't work), but my
laptop is obsolete cause I bought it almost
two years ago, ergo no powerpacks on the
market for the damn thing. I have to go
directly to DELL for a powerpack, but I haven't
so now I am working on desktop.
I bet there was some run on sentences in
there somewhere.
Still on the job quest...I've applied for 15....15..yes 15 jobs...
in the last month...thats 15...and I can't even get an interview.
I believe this online resume/application process is way too limiting.
Or they see WHEN I graduated from college and automatically hit DELETE.
Its not like I am applying for CEO, CFO, or Director of the CDC or Operations
VP at NASA. I apply for a smidgeon above menial like Assistant or Coordinator
or low girl on the totem pole or entry level manager, editor, proofreader.
I follow up and follow up and follow up nicely mind you. I'm not a bitch.
I JUST WANT TO WORK and I didn't spend all that time getting an education
to work at the movie theater.
I guess its me...the common denominator here is ME.
I need to hit the decompress button. I got denied yet another job today.
I put in for a proofreader position and the requirements are 1+ yrs of proofreading experience and a degree in English.
I got the big middle finger...although the ad reads 1+yrs of experience..I got shot down with
the "well, we really want someone with two yrs experience." I have 1 yr 11 mos. experience.
What is up with that?
Do I have to have a description. I just like to write. OK?
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Links
About Me
- Paige
- Really, it is OK to be Quiet. My quiet does not mean I don't like you, I just don't want to talk at this moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment