Today was the last day of my temp job at American Express.
Today was the first day real help showed up in New Orleans for the disaster.
I still haven't really told my 7 year old about the devastation in the bayou. I haven't
shown her the news or the videos, nothing. I think though tomorrow I will turn it to
CNN in the morning and we will talk about it before we go for a worry free, fun filled
weekend at the beach.
I feel guilty just going down there and smiling and playing in the water with the children, but
Im looking forward to it. I feel torn though, but really what is the point of me sitting
around torturing myself about the death, squalor and unlivable conditions down there.
Should I drive myself down and try to help? What could I do? Nothing, but get in the way.
I guess its post traumatic stress syndrome by proxy or survivor guilt. Whichever one it is,
I feel terrible inside for everything thats happening.
From riots to looting to price gouging to surprising cohesion and charity.
Do I have to have a description. I just like to write. OK?
Friday, September 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Links
About Me
- Paige
- Really, it is OK to be Quiet. My quiet does not mean I don't like you, I just don't want to talk at this moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment